Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My American Dream: Boats & Horses

Image via Pinterest

Ever since I was a little girl, I have had a fascination with Jackie O. Honestly, what little girl didn't?? She encompasses everything amazing in life...horses & boating. I have already stated my affinity for anything horse related...but I have not yet shared my love of boats.



Images via  GQ.com

I know the boats were a Kennedy thing...but Jackie sure does look amazing in them. While in Newport for a wedding a few weeks ago, all my dreams of owning a boat (and looking like Jackie on one) came flooding back.

Image via Pinterest

With boats comes a natural love for all things nautical. I believe nautical decor is so classic. My own dining room has a very nautical feel to it; with framed vintage maps on top blue walls and a brass chandelier.



Here are some more great nautical interiors and exteriors, without going overboard (pun intended)...

















Images via Pinterest

Until the day we own a boat, these little splashes of decor will have to do. But I do dream of smashing a bottle of champagne at my own ship launch...



-Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment