Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Kitchies On My Mind

I literally can not stop thinking about remodeling my kitchen. It has actually consumed me. I've been wanting to remodel my kitchen for a long time, but I saw a picture on Pinterest that made my desire for a new kitchen like ten million times more....

(via Pinterest)

I have seen this image before, but this time it just got stuck in my head, most likely because underneath the pin it said "Ikea High Gloss White Cabinets."  Chickaaa whattttt!?! So, I became obsessed even more. This picture is from Canadian House & Home and I actually found an entire video tour of the house (seriously amazing)!! Like literally, my dream home. So, my next step, after ordering a subscription to House & Home, was to go on Ikea's website and design my new kitchie. Before I saw the high gloss kitchen, I had made this rough sketch of what I wanted my kitchen to look like:

So, I combined the two images in my head...and added a few extras...


Clockwise from top (1) Open shelving with few floating Ikea High Gloss White Lack Shelves (2) Polished brass campaign hardware via Ansaldi & Sons (3) White Viking Chimney Hood Vent with Brass Accent (4) Brass Colored Waste & Recycle Bins (5) Large Brass Elephant Pulls for the Pantries (6) Brass Toe-kick (7) High Gloss White Cabinets 

I'm still up in the air about the chandelier and over the sink lighting. Obviously, I know want either Danby Gray Marble, White Carrara Mable, or White River Granite countertops.

Danby Gray Marble

White Carrara Marble

White River Granite

Now, I just need to get my husband and contractor on board...

-Meghan


3 comments:

  1. Kitchen remodel: The Next Dream of mine. I have a nice long and wide kitchen space that was built in 1979. We have new countertops and subway tile on the walls over the counters, however, I ultimately want the seamless look as you have posted above and I really like the Farm Chicks new kitchen build here: http://pinterest.com/pin/47498971039511219/ She really thought things through and gives all the sources. -- Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Sasha's kitchen! So glad you were able to watch the Online TV tour. Good luck getting everyone on board with the reno ideas. Hope you enjoy the magazine,

    Seema
    House and Home Web Promotions Editor

    ReplyDelete
  3. The inspiration for your kitchen remodeling is amazing! It has this clean and fresh look that you would want in a kitchen. I do hope you would have a kitchen like this. Anyway, I think the white Carrara marble would look good for your counter top if you’re aiming for your inspired kitchen look. And, it would also look good with the brass colored items you want to install in your kitchen.


    Chase Conely

    ReplyDelete