Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Rugs in Dining Rooms?

Hello! It feels good to be home!

When we were on vacation at the lake, I was talking to my mother-in-law about all the changes she wants to make to her home. They bought the lake house fully furnished, fully decorated (I'm talking down to the Town&Country magazines placed on the coffee table). It is an absolutely beautiful home, but my mother-in-law feels like she needs to really make it her own.

One of the first changes she wants to make is purchasing an oriental rug for the dining room. I have always gone back and forth about my feelings on a rug in a dining room. I consciously do not have a rug in my own dining room. Between the kids constantly dropping food, my dog, and my Italian cooking, I feel like it would get completely ruined. However, I do completely agree with my mother-in-law that a rug brings a whole new life to a room, creating a more comfortable environment. I just can not decide...rug, no rug?!





















(All Images via Pinterest)

I found the perfect chevron rug that is so affordable and would be flawless in my dining room. I mean, it could bring the room to a whole new level! Do I take the plunge and become a "Dining Room Rugs Allowed" household?!



-Meghan

PS I'm helping one of my best friends redesign her living room and we are using this rug. I got to see it in person and I am seriously obsessed. It is so soft, looks amazing and SO inexpensive!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my that's a great price! I want the light blue one under my table!! It'd really spiff up the space, but then again, I'd have to become much more friendly with my vacuum....

    ReplyDelete