Friday, August 10, 2012

Brilliant Powder Room

I recently had an epiphany on where to put a half bath on my first floor. I have always assumed we would (eventually) convert the small mudroom off the kitchen into a powder room. However, I knew it would be pricey because we would have to do A TON of work. We would need to tear stairs down, close off walls, stabilize the structure, add HVAC, add water lines, flooring, insulation, etc... I had one contractor give me a rough estimate of about $20,000!! Insanity. I figured we could win the lottery or sell one of the kids to afford it...

Randomly, while taking a shower, I thought of a better location for the half bathroom. I literally hopped out, grabbed a towel and ran down my stairs (I'm pretty sure I still had conditioner in my hair). My back room/office would be perfect! I instantly started mapping out where everything would go. The back room of our house is an addition originally put on by the architect in the 40's which leads to a sunroom. I think I can still keep the right side as an office "nook" and close off the left side, turning it into a half bath. The addition already has heat and a water line from a hose on the outside wall. I'm not sure if my idea is at all possible, but obviously, I'm already started thinking how I want to decorate the powder room.

This is what I know I need: wallpaper, amazing mirror, gorgeous vanity, unique brass sconces, barn door entrance. Too much? I don't think so...




















-Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment