Thursday, September 13, 2012

Weddings, Crafts, & Huts...

Sorry for the silence this week. We had a friend's wedding and Lou's first birthday over the weekend. AND we have my sister-in-law's wedding this weekend!! Not to mention, my husband and I volunteered to teach Christian's class at our church's Sunday School this year. Needless to say, I have been up to my eyeballs in arts & crafts.   I secretly love it, but my neglected children would probably say otherwise ("No Lou, please stop running with the Xacto knife in your hand....Christian, please put down the scalding hot iron").

The whole family at Lou's Party

Lou playing at her party

Anyway, I did give myself a hot minute to read my new House Beautiful, while watching the Bachelor Pad (CAN YOU BELIEVE WHAT NICK DID?!).

(Image via ABC)

But seriously, I was obsessed with the series the magazine did, "American in..." They followed different Americans to their homes abroad, my favorite was Kenya. For the first time in my life, I actually wanted to live in a hut. Well, there were actually four huts to make up a compound, but you get the idea. I mean, they even have an orphaned cheetah cub that hangs out on their sofa! Check out this amazing Suzanne Kasler design...










All Images via House Beautiful

I mean, I have wanted a baby cheetah since I saw African Cats. And that outdoor shower? To die for! The master bath? Perfection. You can read the rest of the article here! Oh, and the owners claim that the animals on the conservation never go inside (besides the invited ones)...but I find that a little hard to believe!

I hope everyone has a happy & safe weekend!! I know I will be having fun...



-Meghan



1 comment: