Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's Such A Perfect Day...

I hosted my sister-in-law's bridal shower this past weekend. I have been a total nut running all over the DC metro area getting ready for it. I have barely had time to breathe, let alone blog! My brain is still not working properly, so I'll just post the pics...










About 2 weeks before, I started making all the decorations and labels (with a ton of help from my sister Ali). We tried to have everything tie in with the invitation I made, with grays, peaches, aubergine, and and burlap. I kind of stumbled into the color combination, but ended up really loving it. I went a little overboard with all the flowers, but I'm obsessed with floral arrangements, so I had a blast making all of them! I served light appetizers, had a cheese platter, drinks, and a million desserts. It ended up being the perfect amount of food. I ordered or purchased all the food because I refuse to cook if I am having a party.








My sister-in-law is not a typical bride. I had to beg her just to let me throw this shower! I knew there was no way I could get anyway with any of the normal bridal shower games, so I decided to have a photo booth instead. It was a total hit! I purchased and downloaded the Sparkbooth software after reading this post at Offbeat Bride. It was so easy and everyone really loved it! I had everyone place a copy of each picture in a book with a note to the bride-to-be. I also had all the pictures instantly playing on the television in our living room, through our Apple TV. It was so cute!!








Overall, it was a beautiful beautiful event for a beautiful bride-to-be!! Special shout out to all that helped, especially my sister Ali! She took all the amazing photographs and helped with EVERYTHING! Luckily, the camera did not follow us to the bachelorette party later that night...



-Meghan


1 comment: