Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Master Bedroom Remodel

I'm not sure if I already mentioned it, but my father-in-law is an amazing woodworker and furniture maker. Before my in-laws retired, he had made a beautiful bed out of tiger maple. After they moved, they no longer had room for the frame, so we luckily snatched it. It is absolutely gorgeous and insanely comfortable. However, all the furniture we currently have in our room does not compliment it at all. Therefore, I obviously need to completely remodel our room! Here is a before shot of our master bedroom (sorry about the quality of the picture):


And here is what I am thinking for the remodel...


And...of course, I have already started. I found the lamps at Homegoods over the weekend and ordered the yellow ikat pillow cases. I created, framed, and hung our children's silhouettes over our bed. I made them in Photoshop and printed them out on regular paper, but here is a tutorial if you do not have an editing program. For side tables, I am thinking about recreating this Ikea Rast Hack, but painting them completely white. I also have a bookcase that I want to paint in one of my favorite gray colors, Rustoleum Smoke Gray. The walls of our bedroom are already painted in Benjamin Moore Gray Cashmere, also one of my favorite gray colors! It is slowly coming together...I promise to post more pics later...sorry my husband is still sleeping so I can not get any current ones right now. 

-Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment